CALIFORNIA REAL ESTATE ATTORNEYS FOR REAL ESTATE TRANSACTIONS & DISPUTE RESOLUTION
Our real estate legal team now includes renowned California real estate attorney Jeffrey H. Lerman, Of Counsel; and Michelle C. Lerman, Of Counsel, from Lerman Law Partners.
The CunninghamLegal real estate team is led by Attorney Jim Cunningham, a real estate investor, California real estate broker, and recognized expert on California property taxation. The team now includes well-known California real estate attorney, Jeffrey H. Lerman, Of Counsel, who has negotiated countless sales, leases, construction contracts, and much more in California; along with the highly-recognized real estate and estate planning attorney, Michelle C. Lerman, Of Counsel.
Both Lermans have numerous honors, including inclusion in the California Super Lawyers lists, and both have been named as “Top Attorneys in Northern California” by San Francisco Magazine.
Our team also benefits greatly from the work of Attorney Philip Diamond, Of Counsel, who brings wide experience in many areas of real estate and construction law—and is respected as a skilled mediator and arbitrator.
Jim, Jeff, Michelle, Phil, and the whole team help investors with their transactions throughout the entire cycle of their real estate investments, including asset protection, syndication, joint ventures, entity formation, purchase, loan documents, commercial leasing, construction documents, easements and eventual sale.
We work with owners and investors in commercial, industrial, and multifamily properties. Owners and investors want peace of mind when it comes to their investment properties, and we can help. No matter the complexity or size of your real estate venture, our accomplished team of attorneys can help you with:
- Entity Formation: Protect your personal assets, your business assets and maximize your tax benefits by using entities to hold your real estate investments and/or operate your business. Learn more about LLCs for Real Estate.
- Get Investors: When you need “other people’s money” to get the deal done, we can help you through the process. Scroll down to learn about Syndicates.
- Create Loan Documents: We can negotiate and handle the process of getting a loan for your next deal. Our real estate law services can help you understand the real property, provide you with knowledge that will help you to find the right loan options, and meet the requirements to secure funding.
- Buy and Sell: Buying and selling your investment are critical transactions that present many traps for the unwary. We help you through that minefield. Learn more about Private Real Estate Transactions.
- Partners and Investors: Partner disputes can be incredibly expensive and draining, emotionally and psychologically. A crucial step to minimize those disputes is to document properly your relationship from the beginning. We can help.
- Construction: A solid construction contract can minimize disputes later on in the process. Our law firm can provide professional guidance on how to set up a contract in a way that protects you or your company.
- Lease Agreements: Avoid unnecessary costs by drafting effective leases.
- Government: Whether you have a development project or an existing building, you may be required to deal with government-related issues. We can help resolve those issues.
- Dispute Resolution and Mediation: Our team of lawyers is prepared to handle real estate disputes.
- Properly Include Real Estate in Your Estate Plan. A solid estate plan including the right kind of Trusts can provide for the future of your loved ones, and ensure that related taxes are minimized—especially crucial on California real estate! This can be crucial to represent your wishes after you’re gone and keep your family out of probate court.